Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Thanks!

Thanks so much to all who voted for me and supported my campaign for a better Region!

I appreciate you standing up for Pelham and for wanting to improve Niagara together.
Congratulations and best wishes to the new Regional Councillor-elect. Congratulations, as well, to the new Mayor-elect and Town-Councillors-elect.

When my family and I decided this summer that I would not run again as Mayor, we knew that the time would come for me to pass the gavel to a new Mayor. I am happy to offer any assistance I can provide between now and the start of the new term (on December 1) to help with a smooth transition to the new Town Council term and the new Regional Council term.

It has been my honour and pleasure to work together with the Councillors, Town staff, and the community and to serve as your Mayor over the last 12 years. Together we have achieved great things and helped our community grow and become stronger.

Working together we revitalized our Downtowns, rebuilt our playgrounds, expanded our library, rebuilt our pool, built two new Fire Halls, fixed up our roads, added +20 kms sidewalks and trails, and invested in infrastructure that helps residents and businesses prosper. This Fall officially opened Pelham’s new Community Centre – on time and under budget. The Centre is the place for people of all ages to gather, celebrate, and make “memories that matter.”

I’ve also served on Regional Council – standing up for Pelham to renew Regional roads and bridges, fix our long term care home, construct a new dog park, and to keep taxes low by chairing the Region’s $1 billion budget, and to promote incentives for industrial and business growth.
I stood up at the Region against the wasting of tax dollars with cost overruns and Councillor expenses, against the rigged hiring of the CAO, and I’ve worked for reform of the NPCA.

I ran to bring back integrity to the Region and the NPCA, to move Niagara’s economy forward, and to create a more compassionate society. I continue to believe in the promise of Niagara and I hope to continue to play a role in achieving this future together.

Thanks, again, for your support and encouragement!